Segovia 36 km far away
World Heritage Humanity, Romanesque Aqueduct, Fortress, Cathedra, Churches of Saint Millan, San Martín, San Esteban, San Lorenzo, San Justo, San Clemente, San Juan de los Caballeros, Jewish quarter, San Marcos, The Trinity, San Nicolás, San Quirce, La Veracruz, etc.
Sepúlveda and Hoces del Duratón 30 km far away
Historic Artistic Set: Main Square, Doors of the walled enclosure, Church El Salvador, Sanctuary of the Virgin Peña, Interpretation Centre of the Natural Park of Hoces del Duratón, Hermitage San Frutos.
Coca 35 km far away
Historic Artistic Set: Mudejar Castle. Medieval Wall and Arch of the Villa, Church of Santa María la Mayor (Gothic), Tower of San Nicolás
Turegano 12 km far away
Castle, Main Square, Museum los Ángeles
Cuellar 36 km far away
Historic Artistic Set: Castle-palace of the Duke of Alburquerque, double walled enclosure, Churches of San Martín (Interpretation Centre of Mudejar), San Esteban, San Andrés, San Miguel, Convent of San Francisco, Sanctuary Henar.
Pedraza 37 km far away
Historic Artistic Set: Medieval Wall, Main Square, Castle of Zuloaga, Church of San Juan, Old Prison.
San Ildefonso or La Granja 61 km far away
Historic Artistic Set: Royal Palace of San Ildefonso, Royal Collegiate Church, Royal Gardens of the Palace, Royal Factory of Crystal of La Granja, Palace of Valsaín, Palace of Riofrío.
IN THE VILLAGE:
Church of San Juan Bautista
Romanesque building from the XI and XII centuries. It is made by stone and mansonry such as brick. It has two covers of access with arches of bricks in teh North and South. The church is declared Good of Cultural Intrest. Inside is located the Archaeological Room of the Romanesque Villa of Santa Lucía.
Church of Santa María
Romanesque building from the XIII century. Like the church of San Juan Bautista it also uses harmoniously stone and brick. In 1472 was celebrated a Diocesan Synod that it took ten days whose buildings were for printing the first printed book of Spain: El Sinodal de Aguilafuente.
Hermitage of Santo Cristo de la Peña
Building from the second half of the XVI century with a beautiful Baroque of Francisco Santos de Pedro from 1677.
Museum Florentino Trapero
It is located in a wide room of the Consistory House of Aguilafuente. It pays tribute to the local sculptor Florentino Trapero that was born in 1893. Different artistic developments are shown where pictures and original sculptures highlight as well as moulds and outlines of studio. One of his most representative works leads the entrance of the museum: The penitent Adam.
Archaeological room of the Romanesque villa
It is located inside the Church of San Juan. It is an expositive space that shows, besides a thematic content of the Romanesque and Visigoth world, the original mosaics of the Romanesque villa of Santa Lucía, located 2 km far away of Aguilafuente.
Municipality with category of villa in the province of Segovia. It is located in the center of the province, about 38 km far away from the capital. The patron saint of the municipality is the Virgin of Assumption, and its festivities (the function) are celebrated in the middle of the month of August, with bull spectacles where the nocturnal runs highlight. Other of the important festivities is in October: the festivities of San Frutos where is celebrated the party of San Cristo de la Peña, sculpture that is kept in the hermitage next to the cemetery. In February, in the past, the candles were known, and finally, in July, Santa Isabel.
It has a heritage and a rich historic since the Romanesque time that left footprints in the remains of Santa Lucía, (road of Sauquillo), as well as Visigothic remains in the current urban core. The church of San Juan, of Romanesque style (originally from the XII century, secularized and very rebuilt nowadays) is the headquarters of the museum or archaeological room and it picks up all the remains of this Romanesque and Visigoth time. The church of Santa María, much better kept, has a Romanesque mudejar apse. The inside, extended in the XIII century was modified afterwards in Baroque style. The portico, flowered gothic (XV century) has a relief that represents the Annunciation. In that church was celebrated in 1472 a synod to remodel the clergy of the diocese of Segovia convened by the humanist bishop Juan Arias Dávila, that lead to the first printed book in Spanish: El Sinodal de Aguilafuente, edited by the printer Juan Párix. Nowadays is celebrated every year the rebuilding of this fact through an itinerant theatric representation by streets and historic stages of the villa where many of its people characterized with clothes of time that perform a role. There are more monuments in the urban core of the locality, such as the remains of the palace of the marquis of Aguilafuente (title that dates from 1536); some majestic houses and a granary from 1799. The works of bars in windows, balconies and doors along the streets highlight. The two squares of the locality have sculptures of Florentino Trapero, artist that was born in the locality in 1893, part of its production is shown in a museum in his honor stayed in the building of the town hall.